Recruitment begins - find out more
Download latest community newsletter
Tree plan location - find out more
Sainsbury’s is progressing well with works for the regeneration of Forest Court, Dorridge, ahead of our target completion date before Christmas 2014.
The development will include:
- A Sainsbury’s store with a customer café and 184 car parking spaces
- An extended and refurbished doctors surgery
- Six independent retail units
- An open space, public square
- New and improved landscaping
- Improved pedestrian links
- Traffic calming measures
The development will revitalise the heart of Dorridge for local people and visitors alike, creating new jobs and providing a retail and social hub to be enjoyed for years to come.
What’s happening now?
Work to install roof peaks on Station Road is underway, which will screen the car park and form an attractive design feature above the forthcoming retail units.
Car park and entrance lobby internal fit out works are progressing well. Work to build the shop units will start in August.
The temporary doctor’s surgery is now open on the development car park and work has begun to extend and refurbish the existing premises.
- Construct the Station Road shop units
- Complete the car park deck
- Complete steel work to Station Road
- Forest Road corner
- Start timber cladding to the front elevation
Explore our plans for the development.
The new development will lead to a range of benefits for Dorridge residents and traders.
Sainsbury’s is currently in discussions with retailers and interested parties who may be interested in the additional shops and kiosks available as part of the development. Find out more..
We have also confirmed that work on the doctors’ surgery will commence in July, lasting approximately 16 weeks. The temporary surgery will open on the store car park so that services are provided throughout.