Manage your shares online

Sainsburys store layout

Manage your shares online

Your shareholding is managed by our registrars, Computershare Investor Services PLC ("Computershare"). As registrars, Computershare is responsible for ensuring your shareholder details are recorded accurately and for helping you with the administration of your shareholding.

Below are some common instances when you should contact our registrars, please remember to do so in a timely manner. Remember it is also possible to manage your account online or you can also visit the Document library to find main of the standard forms.

  • Change of name - to change your name on your share certificate(s) please send a copy of the relevant marriage certificate or change of name deed, together with your share certificate(s), to our registrars for re-registration.
  • Lost shares and replacements - Please contact Computershare who can issue a replacement share certificate. There will, however, be an administration fee to pay to our registrars for this service, and there may also be an indemnity charge for replacing share certificates. The amount of the indemnity varies, and is based on the market value of the shares at the time of replacement.
  • Out of date dividend cheques - please return the original cheque to our registrars with a covering letter, asking them to re-issue the cheque.
  • Old share certificates - J Sainsbury plc share certificates of nominal value of 25 pence per share ceased to be valid in July 2004 at the time of the share consolidation. New share certificates of nominal value 28 4/7 pence per share were issued to replace them and these were sent to shareholders at this time.
  • Duplicate accounts - to amalgamate duplicate accounts in the same name, please contact Computershare.
  • Death of shareholder - Please contact Computershare for specific advice.

You can contact Computershare at the following address:

Computershare Investor Services PLC
P. O. Box 82
The Pavilions
Bridgwater Road
BS99 7NH

Or by telephoning: +44 (0)370 702 0106
(phone lines are open between 08.30 and 17.30 GMT)


You can make the majority of your administration requests to Computershare using a set of standard forms. These should be completed according to the instructions provided by Computershare on their website and then posted to the address shown on the form.

Computershare's library of forms


Financial performance

Here is an overview of our financial performance. More detailed information is available in the 5 year summary and the Investor section.

Management and board

Biographies of our plc and operating board directors and the committees they are a member of.

Sainsburys store