Instead of reaching for the takeaway menu this weekend, customers can take a break from ‘ordering in’ and try Sainsbury’s new range of oriental ready meals. With dishes inspired by popular restaurant favourites, fighting over the takeaway menu will be a thing of the past.
If you're looking for something a little different to your usual take away, the Japanese Coconut Chicken Curry with Udon Noodles is perfect. The marinated British chicken is served in a red curry based coconut sauce and served with udon noodles and fresh, crunchy green beans, carrot and spring onion.
Other Japanese inspired favourites include the Chilli and Coconut Prawn Curry, a fragrant dish of king prawns and Thai sticky rice, with a coconut, chilli, lemongrass and lime sauce. Chicken Teriyaki with Noodles with British chicken and free range egg noodles, cooked with flavours of chilli, garlic and infused with ginger and served with vegetables, is great for spice addicts.
For the Chinese food fan, menu favourites include Chicken Chow Mein and Beef in Black Bean Sauce, contain authentic flavours you'd expect to find in your usual take away.
If you're keen to rustle up your own oriental delight, Sainsbury's new range of stir fry mixes are easy, tasty and impressive. by Sainsbury's Mixed pepper, Sweet chilli & Noodle stir fry is great as a meal for one or throw in with some chicken and prawns to make a quick meal for two. For a really special dish, Taste the Difference Vegetable Tray is packed with stir fry vegetables and aromatic herbs. Just add some pak choi and beansprouts and enjoy a home cooked oriental dish.
For something a little lighter, Taste the Difference Stir Fry also doubles up as a pho soup. A crunchy vegetable mix, topped with aromatics and herbs, is perfect for making your own Vietnamese noodle soup. Simply add in stock and your favourite noodles for a warming treat.
Sainsbury's range of oriental dishes and stir fries are in stores now.
Notes to editors
- Sainsbury's range of oriental dishes and stir fries are in stores now, priced from £1.50
- Sainsbury's products are free from hydrogenated fats and flavour enhancers, such as MSG
- With fresh ingredients and traditional recipes, Sainsbury's approach is to help and inspire customers to eat a balanced diet by promoting healthy eating and active lifestyles.
- We constantly look at ways to reduce fats, salt and additives in our products, without compromising on quality or taste.
- Sainsbury's is also committed to providing customers with clear and transparent labelling, to help them make informed choices about the food and drink they buy.
The ranges include
- by Sainsbury's Coconut Chicken Curry with Udon Noodles
- by Sainsbury's Chilli and Coconut Prawn Curry
- by Sainsbury's Chicken Teriyaki with Noodles
- by Sainsbury's Chicken Chow Mein
- by Sainsbury's Beef in Black Bean Sauce
- by Sainsbury's Chinese Chicken Curry
- by Sainsbury's Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion
- by Sainsbury'sMixed pepper, Sweet Chilli & Noodle Stir Fry
- Taste the Difference Stir Fry Vegetable Tray
- Taste the Difference Stir Fry (Soup)