- New mobile app being trialled in three stores with a limited number of customers
- Customers scan their shopping using their mobile phone
- Track how much they’re spending and view savings instantly
- Pay at the till without unloading their trolley, basket or bag
Sainsbury's is trialling a new service called Mobile Scan & Go that lets customers scan items as they shop using their iPhone or Android phone and pay at the till without unloading their trolley or bags. This new technology, the first of its kind in the UK, stands to make the shopping experience even more convenient for customers.
To shop using Mobile Scan & Go, customers:
- Download the Mobile Scan & Go app from the Apple App or Google Play stores
- Register using their Nectar card and the store where they shop at
- Log in to the Mobile Scan & Go app with their Nectar card details
- Scan the 'Check in' QR code located at the front of the store to start shopping
- Use the phone's camera to scan the barcode on products as they place them in their trolley or bags
- Track how much they have spent and instantly see savings with offers and deals
- Pay at the till by scanning the 'Check out' QR code using cash or card
Luke Jensen, Sainsbury's Group Development Director said: "We're always looking for ways to enhance the shopping experience for our customers. Our innovative Mobile Scan & Go technology is fantastic for those wanting to manage their budget or simply those who want a quicker in-store experience."
A limited number of Nectar card customers have been invited to take part in the trial at three Sainsbury's stores: Bethnal Green Local (convenience store), Clerkenwell Local (convenience store) and Tadley, Hampshire (supermarket). These customers will be amongst the first to try out, review and shape the future of Mobile Scan & Go for Sainsbury's.
For more information about Mobile Scan & Go, please visit http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/msag