By 2020, we'll double the sales of lighter alcohol wine and reduce the average alcohol content (ABV) of own brand wine and beer.
Our progress so far
- Almost 26% volume growth in sales of lighter alcohol wines (10.5% ABV or below) since 2010
- Introducing new front-of-pack labelling of alcohol by volume on own label wines
- Responsible drinking point of sale focused on the units in alcoholic drinks
- Signed all Public Health Responsibility Deal alcohol pledges aimed at retailers
- First retailer to adopt the Department of Health’s guidelines on alcohol labelling incorporating the ‘Know Your Limits’ alcohol unit measure with government health guidelines
- Active partners in the Community Alcohol Partnerships (CAP) model since 2007, including the first CAP in St Neots.