By 2020, we'll double the amount of British food we sell.
Our progress so far
- Sainsbury's has supported British farming for 144 years and we continue to work collaboratively for the best solutions on price, animal welfare and carbon efficiencies.
- Achieved 100% British across fresh pork (first major retailer), adding to 100% British for fresh chicken, 100% British or Irish for fresh beef, 100% British for fresh lamb when in season
- 100% British fl our used in all freshly made in-store bakery bread
- 5th year as largest retailer of British apples and pears, selling 64 different apple and pear varieties
- Lamb Development Group farmers received a price guarantee to support those affected by the adverse weather
- We operate a unique Cost of Production price model voted for by farmers in our Dairy Development Group
- We pay a premium to our Pork Development Group, to reflect rising feed costs